My name is Yanira Villarreal. This is my 12th year teaching, and my fifth year at Darby Avenue Charter. I obtained a bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies from CSUN. I have a multiple subject teaching credential. I have experience in all elementary grade levels and special education as well. It is during the first years of life that children form attitudes about themselves, learning, others, and the environment. These attitudes last a life time, so I will work diligently to find ways to help children develop positive attitudes. I believe in teaching the "whole child" in order to achieve my main goal - creating lifelong learners!
Goals for this year:
- To meet or exceed all grade level standards.
- To think creatively and critically.
- To develop strong research and inquiry skills.
To integrate technology into learning.
- Stay in your seat and raise your hand to speak
- Make sure you keep hands, feet, objects, and negative comments to yourself.
- Always follow directions and be prepared for class.
- Respect yourself, others, and property
- Try your best.