I was born and raised in Israel, where, in 1982, I received my first teaching credential in special education and Hebrew literature. After moving to the United States, I taught in private schools. In 2001, when I completed my Multiple Teaching Credential, I began working at Darby Avenue Elementary School. Since then, I have taught kindergarten, second, fourth, and fifth-grade classes. I have been a first-grade teacher for the past two years. I enjoy teaching all grades. Fortunately, the grade I happen to be teaching always becomes my favorite. In 2014, I became a National Board Certified Teacher. I enjoy learning and I wish to inspire my students to become life-long learners as well.
Goals for this year:
- To establish a safe learning environment for all students.To make learning meaningful, challenging, and fun.
- To make learning meaningful, challenging, and fun.
- To help students become independent learners.To develop students' academic and social skills so they are successful in school and in life.
- To develop students' academic and social skills so they are successful in school and in life.
- To promote a classroom community.To maintain open communication between parents and teacher.
- To maintain open communication between parents and teacher.
- Students will come to school prepared to actively learn daily.
- Students will use their time wisely while working independently or in a group.
- Students will complete daily class and home assignments with effort.
- Students will meet or exceed the Common Core State Standards for first grade in all areas by the end of the year.
- Never give up! Encourage others and do your best!
- Be respectful.
- Be safe.
- Be responsible!
- Homework is a review and reinforcement of material taught in class.
- Students will receive daily homework, do their best to complete it independently, and turn it in the next day.
- Students will read at least twenty minutes each day