Regular Attendance is essential for your child's success! The LAUSD expects all students to maintain a 96% or better attendance rate (missing fewer than 7 days in one school year).
Benefits of regular attendance:
- Higher academic achievement
- Use more academic language
- Develop healthy habits for the future
- Demonstrate reliability and confidence
- Make and keep connections with others
- Diminish the risk of getting involved in antisocial or criminal activities.
Please plan your vacations during school vacation's winter break, spring break, and summer vacation.
If your child is absent for three days without a valid excuse, they are truant, and you will receive a truancy letter from the district.
If your children are tired, they must come to school. If your children are ill with a fever or is vomiting, please keep them home.
The line-up bell rings at 8:05am. School begins at 8:10. If your child is not in class by 8:10 a.m., he/she will be considered tardy. If your child is tardy for 30 minutes or more for three days without a valid excuse, your child will be considered truant.
Please download the School Attendance pamphlet below for more information!