School Site Council (SSC)
The SSC is the decision-making council for all programs funded through the Consolidated Application (ConAp). The SSC is responsible for the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), in consultation with the English Learner Advisory Committee, other relevant stakeholders and, where applicable, the School Advisory Committee. The SSC is also responsible for meeting all school level federal parental involvement mandates including the development of the Title I parent involvement policy and budget (E046) and the Title I parent-school compact.
Local School Leadership (LSL)/Governance
Darby Avenue Leadership Council is comprised of 12 members.
- 6 Certificated Staff Members (Teachers)
- 1 Classified Staff Member
- 4 Parent members
Darby Leadership Council Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Discretionary funds/grant management
- Personnel selection, pursuant to District policies
- Scheduling of School Events
- Implementation of enrollment policies in accordance with District policy
- Community Relations
The work of the Darby Leadership Council shall be accomplished through the activities, reports, and recommendations of its various advisory committees. Issues arising before the Leadership Council will be referred to the appropriate committee for consideration and its recommendations shall be presented to the Leadership Council for final approval.
English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC)
Each school with more than 20 English learner students (including Special Education schools) is required to establish an elected English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
- Articulate the background and purpose of the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- Review the four legally required topics and determine a timeline for their inclusion throughout the year
- Facilitate meaningful discussion on the four legally required topics at ELAC meetings
- Demonstrate how to document the discussion and advisement of the ELAC
To learn more about the ELAC, download the PDF below, or click here